Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V.
Through cutting-edge research in the fields of ENERGY, HEALTH and MATTER, Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) solves some of the pressing societal and industrial challenges of our time. Join our 1.500 employees from more than 50 nations at one of our six research sites and help us moving research to the next level!
The institute of Fluid Dynamics is conducting basic and applied research in the fields of thermo-fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics in order to improve the sustainability, the energy efficiency and the safety of industrial processes.
The Department of Experimental Thermal Fluid Dynamics is looking for a
Transfer Manager CORAERO (f/m/d)
The position will be available from 1 April 2023. The employment contract is limited to 31 December 2025.
Within the framework of the joint project CORAERO, which is funded by the Helmholtz Association, we are working on scientific issues relating to the formation of virus-laden aerosols, their thermodynamics and propagation in rooms, as well as strategies and technologies to prevent aerosol-borne infections.
- You support the working groups of the consortium in transferring ideas and concepts into practice and in organising cooperation with associated industrial partners of the consortium
- Together with the management team, you conduct continuous monitoring of scientific and technical progress for the purpose of transfer potential analysis
- You develop transfer and marketing strategies for technological solutions
- You support the working groups of the consortium in securing IP and acquiring new partners for joint exploitation activities
- You support the generation of ideas in the network within the framework of regular think tank activities. They support the application of cooperative follow-up projects in the field of science and technology transfer
The position also allows, to a small extent, to contribute and develop own scientific and technical ideas and concepts in the following subject areas:
- Experimental techniques for the study of aerosol transport in rooms
- Reduction of the virus load in buildings through integrated building technology solutions; economic and ecological assessments
- Alternative concepts for air purification and virus inactivation
- Sensor technology and concepts for the rapid detection of airborne viruses
To this end, you will primarily take on the role of a source of impetus and ideas and actively acquire new research projects.
- PhD in an engineering, engineering economics or natural science subject and in-depth knowledge in at least one of the following subject areas: Physics of aerosols, aerosol measurement technology, building, air conditioning and ventilation technology, measurement and sensor technology, fluid mechanics
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented way of working
- Motivation to work in a multidisciplinary and international working environment
- Excellent knowledge of English
What we offer:
- A vibrant research community in an open, diverse and international work environment
- Scientific excellence and extensive professional networking opportunities
- Salary and social benefits in accordance with the collective agreement for the public sector (TVöD-Bund) including 30 days of paid holiday leave, company pension scheme (VBL)
- We support a good work-life balance with the possibility of part-time employment, mobile working and flexible working hours
- Numerous company health management offerings
- Employee discounts with well-known providers via the platform Corporate Benefits
- An employer subsidy for the VVO job ticket
How to apply: